Welcome to Prince of Peace!
March 27, 2020
Greetings Prince of Peace Family and Friends,
Thank you for worshiping with us last week at our “Drive In Service” and Digital Online Worship. We have some exciting news to share with you!! Starting this Sunday, join us for Car Church:FM @ 10am
Here’s how it works:
1. Download to your phone or print Order of Worship from our Website (Popelutheran.org) or email to sing and follow along.
2. As you drive in, there will be a Manger for you to drop your offering, if you are able. Please be careful not to touch the Manger as you drop it in.
3. Find a parking spot. Please Do Not open your window. Please Do Not get out of your car
4. Tune your radio to 90.5FM.
5. Once everyone is parked, we will worship together without risking the spread of germs.
Going forward there will be two options of worship going forward (FM & Online).
If you prefer to watch the service on YouTube, please click HERE! You can watch this service at your leisure or during your normal service hour.
Please join us! Come with an open mind. There will be hiccups, but we will get better every week. Jesus is Lord! See you Sunday!
March 26, 2020
Car Church:FM coming this Sunday... 10AM... Stay tuned for details!
March 20, 2020
Information for this weekend:
A few creative ways to worship this weekend...
1. Join us at 10am in the PoP parking lot for Drive In Worship! Dress comfortably for the weather... bring blankets if needed. Expect a 30ish minute service.
- Share a car with only those members of your household.... the lovely people you are already social distancing with!
- Back into your parking space so that your car is facing the front of the church building.
- Crack your window to sing along and listen to the Word of God.
- Follow this link -
https://cts.vresp.com/c/?PrinceofPeaceEvangel/22fd19313e/TEST/fbdc330b72 to have the order of worship on your phone.
- Please drop your offering in the manger which will be in the entrance way of the church as you pull in... your driver will easily be able to drop it off.
- You will not be allowed in the building as we keep the building closed to keep you safe.
2. Video message to watch at your leisure or during your normal service time (since we are all creatures of habit!). Please click here - https://cts.vresp.com/c/?PrinceofPeaceEvangel/22fd19313e/TEST/6c8deaf1f3/v=eybR0j0v8TQ for YouTube link.
3. Again, we ask that you continue your support of The Lord with your offerings. Please feel free to mail in, sign up for ACH, or do direct bill pay with your bank.
Blessings from your church staff. Keep washing your hands and sharing God's love.
Dear Prince of Peace Family:
We want to let you know that we are here for you during this time of uncertainty and unprecedented change. We care about you and are praying for you and our nation.
As you know, we’re in a situation none of us have been in before and things are changing day by day. In this rapidly evolving situation, we continue to discern the best course of action for our church and for our community.
We are announcing that all church functions will be suspended till March 29th.
We want to reassure our congregation that Jesus is in control. We are not being fearful; we are being responsible. In this time, let’s be patient with each other; be gentle and kind. As we continue to pray over the best course of action for our church, we ask that you join us in wisdom and discernment. On the 29th of March staff and leadership will discuss if further steps need to be taken.
In the meantime, church staff and leadership are looking at ways to move our services online. You would be able to access them at the time when you normally worship, or whenever it would be convenient. We are also exploring the possibility of FM Radio church parking lot service. “Drive in Service” – stay tuned to our website, Facebook, and emails. www.popelutheran.org
To our elderly members, we realize you may need assistance in daily errands (grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, etc.) We have a team set up and in place that are ready to help. Please call the church office and we will coordinate with you by check or cash to have your items delivered to your doorstep.
Remember that your contributions and tithes help us meet the needs of our community, which are greater than ever at this time. Please continue to give so that you can help us meet those needs. Your generosity allows us to share the love of Christ. You can tithe by mailing your offerings to the church or set up an ACH automatic giving.
Thank you for your patience as we try to sort through everything.
Again, we turn to Scripture, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
Click Here for a Map to our Church
Knowing that this website can never give you the full picture of Prince of Peace, we want to give you a glimpse of the amazing things God is doing in our people, our community, and our world. But even more than what God is doing on the outside of us; He is shaping us from within and molding our hearts to be more like Him. We pray that God will spark your interest by what you see in our website so that you’ll want to learn more about us and the God we serve.
Our purpose is to love God and others through Jesus Christ. We are a body of believers who know that no single one of us is complete without the gift of salvation from the One that makes us whole. We strive together to be more like the Savior, Jesus Christ, and to light the way for others to come to know Him. Our passion is to reach a lost and hurting world for Christ and to bring healing to the wounded hearts of those in our community. We want to reach out to you.
We are so glad you’ve taken this first step in learning about our church and invite you to come and visit with us in person. Click on the buttons toward the top of this page for more information about our church. May the Good Lord Bless you throughout your life's journey.
The winter weather we’ve had recently can be symbolic of what may sometimes happen in life. A crisis hits, and we feel like we’re buried beneath a drift of snow. Relationships can become icy, or we can feel frozen by life circumstances. Little difficulties build up like slush, making us slip and slide, causing every decision to seem treacherous. Life seems dreary, and we begin to doubt that spring will ever come. We can wonder, “Is God even there?”
Stephen Ministers are trained to provide confidential Christian care, giving you the emotional and spiritual support you need to make it through a winter in your life. Our Stephen Ministers are ready to care for you.